Welcome to Get Piano Lessons.com
You have come to a special place on the web where piano
lessons are truly fun, easy, educational and best of all... free!
My approach in teaching the piano is to focus primarily on the language of music rather than the technical study of music. In my opinion, the overemphasis on music theory is the true reason most piano courses fail as often as diet programs.
On this website you will find piano lessons that are primarily geared toward building up your fingering abilities so I can show you how to play three easy piano songs
. I have written these beginner songs specifically for newbies who are eager to learn the piano!
Best of all... you won't even need to read a single note
of music notation in order to play these songs. I have designed these piano lessons to be an enjoyable process, which should finally get you over the hump of starting and quitting the piano out of frustration.
For the most part, I have decided to keep Get Piano lessons.com a safe and comfortable place where an absolute beginner can easily get their feet wet and start playing pretty music right away. Because when I think back to my own struggles of trying to learn the piano as a kid
, I realize there is a huge niche in piano learning that needs to be filled.
I don't remember where I first heard this quote (maybe it was from Mr. Miyagi in the 1984 Karate Kid movie)...
"There's no such thing as a bad student, only bad teachers"...
Well in my heart I have always felt that the general way in which piano lessons are first taught to beginner students is flawed.
If you are a youngster trying to learn the piano the traditional way,
it may take awhile before you finally realize -
"Hey, its not me... there's something wrong
with this learning process"
At least this was my
realization as a young student who was struggling with standard piano lessons. I eventually realized that its not necessary to begin sight-reading music notes before you've had a chance to learn the language of music first.
Well then how did you first learn to speak? When we were toddlers we began learning whatever native language we speak today by listening to and mimicking the spoken words and phrases of all those around us. We generally did not begin learning to put those spoken phrases into letters, words and sentences until we were a little older and had a basic comprehension of speaking that language first.
This same principle can be applied to your first experience with piano lessons as well. This is why there are so many awesome piano players who can not read a stitch of music notation. Because when you first start learning to play a musical instrument with your heart (and not your brain) the technical side of music can wait until later on in your music education.
So based on my own personal experience with learning the piano and digging deep into the true essence of myself, I have created a very simple piano method located here at... |
This website is my life's work....
and its all yours to enjoy free.
With that said, I'd also like to encourage you (and everyone) to always put your best foot forward and do good things for society and for the people around you.
We all live here on this beautiful earth. So why not contribute something that is unique about ourselves to help improve humanity.
With all the chaos happening on our planet right now, I believe we all should participate (in our own way) to help create and spread as much positive energy as possible. Because right now our world needs more generous contributions of music, art and love to counteract all the greed and negativity that still exists.
Every last one of us is uniquely gifted with some kind of special talent or skill that can help uplift the spirit of another person.
As for me, I hope you enjoy my personal contribution to you and to all of humanity worldwide...
Brandon D. (webmaster)
- Welcome to the Get Piano Lessons Blog!
- Get-Piano-Lessons.com is an ever-growing piano education website. The Get Piano Lessons Blog is the best way to stay up-to-date with any new content or changes as they are added to the site.
- The Importance of Learning To Play The Piano
- Studies show that learning to play the piano is not only fun and entertaining, but it actually keeps you mentally fit, more likely to succeed academically, socially, and increases your overall health.
- Your Favorite Music Was Invented By These Famous Piano Composers
- Since the birth of the piano 300 years ago, these famous piano composers have developed, shaped and refined the music you listen to everyday!
- The Secret to Understanding the Layout of Piano Keys
- For a beginner, the layout of piano keys can be hard to recognize on a piano keyboard. Keys are organized in a 12 note pattern that repeat across the entire piano key layout. Can you find the pattern?
- Get Ready for Free Beginner Piano Lessons!
- These free beginner piano lessons will show you how to choose the right keyboard instrument for your piano lessons, and how to prevent poor posture from hurting your shoulders, wrists and back.
- 10 Free Beginner Piano Lessons
- Can’t read music? No problem. These free beginner piano lessons will guide you through a fun and easy way to learn and enjoy the piano without ever reading a single note of sheet music!
- Your First Piano Lessons Examination!
- Take this free online piano lessons exam and test your keyboarding skills today! You will have approximately two minutes to complete it. And yes, you will be graded on your final results.
- Beginner Online Piano Lessons for Free!
- Why pay $25 an hour for a piano teacher when you can teach yourself with these online piano lessons free. Learn the piano the fun and easy way!
- How to Play a Complete Song with Only 10 Piano Notes!
- This free piano lesson is strictly for beginners. Using only 10 piano notes this tutorial will teach you how to play a professional sounding piano song very quickly and easily!
- Learn to Play Piano Online with This Wonderful Tune!
- If you have ever wanted to play piano online, this free lesson will show how to play a classic tune that your entire family and friends will enjoy!
- Take this Free Piano Tutorial and Begin Learning Piano Today!
- Want to test your piano playing skills? This challenging piano tutorial will develop your fingering technique with a variety of speed drills and coordination tasks. Try it free!
- Online Piano Lessons for the Absolute Beginner!
- Today we will learn the third song in my series of free online piano lessons. You can review any part of my piano course as needed before tackling this more advanced piece of music.
- Piano History: The Complete Story
- For 300 years, the origins of piano history have been traced back to 18th century Italy. However, the complete history of the piano began almost two millennia before that.
- How Was YOUR First Piano Lesson?
- Sharps, Flats, and Scales... Oh My! Ideally, your first piano lesson should be short, simple and easy on the music terminology. Remember, this stuff’s supposed to be fun too! Here’s how I got started.
- Got an Opinion About Get Piano Lessons.com? Let’s hear it...
- When I was a kid, I used to love to eat desert first, and dinner second. Figuratively speaking, that’s how I’ve structured the material on Get Piano Lessons.com. We do the easy (and fun) stuff first!
- Support The Gift of Giving Piano Lessons
- The only way free internet piano lessons will work is if they are taught slowly, patiently and with an emphasis on having fun! Now you can learn how to support the online gift of giving piano lessons.